If you have had one of our treatments, or you are thinking about it, please take a moment to read the aftercare advice, it is important that you become fully aware and understand what should be done by yourself both before and after a treatment in the interest of your personal health, safety, well-being and to ensure you get the best results. Ensuring you read this, will also maximise and prolong the benefits of your treatment. If you have any questions, comments or worries, please contact us straight away.
Waxing Aftercare Advice
Please follow the after treatment guidelines below to ensure your skin is cared for properly.
Please note: slight soreness, small bumps and redness are common and perfectly normal temporary reactions, particularly if this is your first wax. You can apply antiseptic cream, aloe vera gel and/or ice to the treated area following your treatment to help alleviate these. Always wash your hands before applying any product.
• Keep the waxed area clean and avoid heat and friction during the next 24-48 hours:
• No hot baths or showers (cool to lukewarm water only).
• No saunas, hot tubs or steam treatments.
• No tanning (sunbathing, sunbeds or fake tans).
• No sport, gym work or other exercise.
• Avoid scratching or touching the treated area with unwashed hands.
• Wear clean, loose fitting clothes.
• Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools.
• Do not apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotion, perfumed products or other products to the treated area for 24 hours.
• After 24 Hours it is vital that you use a good quality moisturiser.
• Do not undertake any other skincare treatments within 48 hours of having a waxing treatment.
• For long term improvements, book-in for regular treatments (every 4-6 weeks). You may notice a small amount of re-growth after a week or so. It can take up to four treatments for your hair to get on a growth cycle that gives best results. Hair needs to be at least 5mm long before it can be successfully removed by waxing so do not shave between treatments.
• For in-growing hairs use an exfoliator.
Located on the top floor of Jimmy Chop Chop
64 The Boulevard
West Sussex RH10 1XH
Tel: 01293 539 294
After hours: 07525 710 451 (please text us)
Monday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Thursday 9:00am to 8:00pm
Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm